Saturday, November 20, 2010

Moz, 2010

Ok so it has been almost a month since my last post and just to prove that I haven't been sitting around living the high life here are some photos of what I am up to at the moment.  It is in fact an action figure that I am making from scratch.  Originally it was going to be one of R. Crumb but a friend requested one of Morrissey, so with a few minor adjustments I have complied.
The first image is of plastic ball joints that i ordered from Japan and they are joined together with first aid plaster, the only tape like substance i could find around the house but actually proved to be completely awesome as it is quite sticky and durable.

To ensure it would all stay in one piece under some stress I bound the joints and plaster with wire. That really did the trick until I discovered that I had made multiple errors and and I hd to pull the whole thing apart.
le sigh.
So the following images are of the initial layer of sculpey, basically just to flesh out the form as well as strenthening the structure.


The last pic is of the shoes just to prove that I am not a complete mentaler and the finished result will look like more than blobs of clay on wires

No comments:

Post a Comment